Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bigger and Better Things


A week ago I took a giant leap. I quit my job. I gave up my safe, medical benefit providing, regular pay cheque, job. This was a big deal. Obviously for a full week before and after all I saw anywhere were little reminders that the cost of living is increasing daily (that's right I pay a $1.40/litre for gas) and the job opportunities are null. And, yes, in this crazy world, I still opted out of a nice safe (mostly) enjoyable job.
You must be thinking 'well obviously she had an amazing opportunity with higher pay, a better title and a beautiful new desk'...well I...and I struggle to say this...I have the complete opposite. I only have the hope that my little dream will come true. I only have myself in this adventure, no medical, no secure pay cheque and no one at the next desk to laugh with.
I will miss my loud, messy office. Working in a room with no windows and men who often smell like tractors. I will miss my beautiful co-workers. My little unorganized desk. The way my work computer 'thinks' for a moment longer than normal every single time I open a new document. The way I smell after work...actually this one I won't miss at all (working in an old stuffy building is not ideal)...yuck.
I will miss it all but am so excited (and terrified) for the opportunities (and uncertainty) to come! Please keep your fingers crossed for me!